Social Website's current value and story behind acquisition
Can you imagine a day without social media like Facebook, Youtube or Flickr? If your answer is NO then you should know how much worth they are now.
It's been a wonder to me that how they grow so fast for last couple of years. Last few months I did some research and found some interesting facts. Here i'm gonna share what i found.
Facebook's Current value:
Since it's launch on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg for Harvard University students and later expanded to worldwide and worth 218.03B.
Active user: 1.3 billion as of June 2014
Acquisitions: 1. Instagram for US$ 1 billion
2. Whatsapp for US$19 billion
3. LiveRAil for between US$400 million and $500 million (Report by TechCrunch)
Google's Current value:
Since it's launch on January 1996 as a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin and worth $347.91B.
It process one billion search requests per day. And also it get millions of user on YouTube, blogger or gmail.
Acquisitions: 1. Keyhole
2. YouTube for $1.65 billion
3. DoubleClick for $3.1 billion
4. GrandCentral for $50 million
5. On2 Technologies for $106.5 million
6. Aardvark for $50 million
7. Agnilux, hardware startup
8. Global IP Solutions
9. AdMob for an undisclosed amount
10. Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion
12. Channel Intelligence for $125 million
13. Waze for $966 million
14. WIMM Labs
15. Flutter for $40 million
16. DeepMind Technologies for $400 million
17. Green Throttle Games
18. Quest Visual
19. Skybox Imaging for $500 million